lmi

Re: [lmi] Can we rename lmi.rc or lmi.cpp?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Can we rename lmi.rc or lmi.cpp?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:13:40 +0200

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:51:48 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Index: Makefile.am
GC> ===================================================================
GC> --- Makefile.am     (revision 5215)
GC> +++ Makefile.am     (working copy)
GC> @@ -204,7 +204,10 @@
GC>  if LMI_MSW
GC>  ## use old style suffix rule instead of the pattern one as automake only
GC>  ## recognizes the old style rules
GC> -.rc.o:
GC> +## Vadim--is that comment still applicable? and is this rule necessary,
GC> +## or does a builtin default rule suffice now that we're compiling
GC> +## 'foo.rc' to 'foo.o' instead of 'foo.rc.o'?
GC> +.o:
GC>     $(WINDRES) -I $(top_srcdir) $(WX_CPPFLAGS) $< $@
GC>
GC>      lmi_wx_SOURCES += lmi_msw_res.rc
GC> @@ -217,10 +220,6 @@
GC>      $(GTK_LIBS) \
GC>      $(BOOST_LIBS) \
GC>      $(WX_LIBS)
GC> -if LMI_MSW
GC> -    lmi_wx_SOURCES += lmi_msw_res.rc
GC> -    lmi_wx_CXXFLAGS += -mwindows
GC> -endif

 FWIW I can confirm that I can build LMI without any other changes from the
current trunk after removing these extra lines (although I removed the 2
ones above, not those 2). I'll commit this and another small fix to
configure.ac later if you don't object to it (I seem to remember that you
told me once that I could commit to autotools files on my own).

 This might look like a small step forward for you but it's really a giant
leap forward for me as I'm finally going to be able to *easily* test all my
changes to LMI with g++ (albeit 4.5 and not 3.5 that you use but hopefully
this won't create too many problems and I also hope that you will switch to
gcc4 relatively soon as well) so I'm really, really happy about it.

VZ