lmi

Re: [lmi] Input-sequence editor testing

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] Input-sequence editor testing
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:13:08 +0200

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 22:01 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
> but then it refuses to edit that string. It seems that validation
> upon entering the pop-up is stricter than that performed when
> leaving it.

It doesn't validate the entry under the -- wrong -- assumption that this
editor won't let you enter invalid data. I can see two fixes to this:

(1) Don't allow invalid input. We could replace the numeric duration
    field with wxSpinCtrl with restricted range. This isn't entirely
    trivial, because a change in one row affects valid ranges in all
    subsequent rows as well as the preceding one. This can be extremely
    annoying to the user if not implemented perfectly.

(2) Allow invalid entry, but if it happens, show diagnostics message
    in the bottom part of the dialog (in red, perhaps) and disable the
    OK button until the input passes validation. This is easier to
    implement.

What do you prefer?

Regards,
Vaclav