lmi

RE: [lmi] solve-related durations

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: RE: [lmi] solve-related durations
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:26:48 -0400

Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2008-08-23 14:27Z, Wendy Boutin wrote:
> > I think there's an issue with the new solve-related
> > age and time inputs.
> >
> > Alt F N I
> > SolveEePrem
> > 'ToAge' type in a different age and the default
> > age is automatically re-displayed instead of the
> > entered age. I can re-enter the age and it will
> > stick after another try, or two.
> >
> > This is just one example--I observe the same behavior
> > in the other age and year input fields that are similarly
> > connected, i.e., *not* 'IssueAge'.
>
> Those other "similarly connected" fields--are they all solve
> inputs that were previously either okay or unavailable?

Yes, they are solve inputs the were previously unavailable.

> I think this is a generic problem that we've noticed before.

[...]

> I see three options:
>
> (A) The One True Way: figure out exactly what's happening, and
> why; then fix it in the right way, in the right place. That's not
> likely to be possible before the 2008-09-01 release. I think we
> have more than one issue with spincontrols, actually.

That's the best option, but it's obviously not feasible for this
release.

> (C) Suppress it for now, then do (A) later. I would guess that
> the patch below [1] would make this spincontrol work like the one
> for issue age. Or, instead, just change it to a textcontrol; then
> I'd guess it'd work perfectly, except for losing the desirable
> features that a spincontrol brings.

I prefer the former option, so I applied your patch. I'm satisfied
with the behavior I observe now, even though the problem is only
suppressed. I think we should release the system with that change.
Should I commit the patch, or do you have a different preference?

Are you planning anymore changes to cvs before I tag the release?
Or, do you plan to tag it?

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.