lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Code review: product editor

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Code review: product editor
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:41:10 +0100

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:32:08 +0100 Evgeniy Tarassov <address@hidden> wrote:

ET> > On 3/5/07, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
ET> > > Can you integrate what you've got with HEAD as it stands at
ET> > > this moment, and put the result into a new branch? (Or update
ET>
ET> As you have suggested I have created a new branch (from HEAD as of
ET> 20070312T1141Z) and committed the patch there.
ET>
ET> product-editor2_branch (Version: lmi-20070312T1120Z-product-editor2)
ET>
ET> Patch summary: rewrite MultiDimGrid using templates instead of
ET> boost::preprocessor library, eliminating the use of macros.

 FWIW I'm personally still sceptical about the merits of this replacement.
Formally speaking, there are no macros any more, of course, but I'm not
sure if the goal of making the code simpler to understand and maintain was
achieved by removing them. I'm probably not 100% objective here but it
seems to me that macros were simpler than the new type-list based code (but
using type lists is the only alternative for implementing a type-safe
interface to these classes).

 Regards,
VZ