lmi

[lmi] Let's avoid doxygen's markup language

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Let's avoid doxygen's markup language
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:26:21 +0000

I should have said this before, but let me say it now: I strongly
agree with David Abrahams's message cited below. We had only four
'@' characters in '///' comments, and I've removed them. Example:

- /// The default version of the method returns @c NULL indicating
+ /// The default version of the method returns NULL indicating

The fewer markup languages we have to learn, the better. If it's
necessary to quote a name, let's just use quotes, e.g.:
  /// Precondition: 'is' is an open std::ifstream.
instead of this:
  /// @pre @c is is an open std::ifstream.

| I hate weird junk in comments; From most of my code you could
| pick up exactly what to put in the docs with just the
| appropriate comment processor and no directives.
[...]