lmi

Re: [lmi] Change in wxSpinCtrl behavior?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Change in wxSpinCtrl behavior?
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:32:31 +0200

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 02:52:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--I'm observing this change in the behavior of a wxSpinCtrl when
GC> an out-of-range value is typed in. Would you please confirm that this
GC> change is intentional, so that I can feel comfortable relying on it?
GC>
GC>   <object class="wxSpinCtrl" name="whatever">
GC>       <min>-10</min>
GC>       <max>10</max>
GC>       <value>0</value>
GC>   </object>
GC>
GC> I type '123' and tab to another control.
GC>
GC> wx-2.5.4: The contents of the control appear unchanged. If I later
GC> press Enter, then GetValue() seems to return 10, as appropriate; but
GC> I don't see that on the screen when I merely tab away.
GC>
GC> wx-2.7: The contents of the control change to '10'. I like that. And
GC> I don't have to write any code myself to make it happen.
GC>
GC> I'm (still) using a 20060323 cvs snapshot, in case that matters.
GC>
GC> If this change in behavior is indeed intentional,

 Yes, this change was indeed intentional as everyone agrees that the new
behaviour is better.

GC> then do you happen to know which exact wx version first had it, so that
GC> I might write appropriate version conditionals?

 It was done relatively recently (< 5 months ago) and so it currently
only works this way in wx 2.7.0. I could (and probably should...) backport
it to 2.6 though, please give me a nudge if this is important for you.

 Regards,
VZ