lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Alien msvc rtl dll messing with the fpu?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Alien msvc rtl dll messing with the fpu?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:50:55 +0100

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:24:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> So this test looks like another dead end. Yet two people have observed
GC> the problem independently, even though I can't reproduce it myself.

 What exactly have they observed? I don't think users have a habit of
checking the FPU state directly, so they must have been seen some bug
which we think is a manifestation of changing FPU default precision, but
are we really sure about it? Could it be due to something else?

 Sorry if this is something obvious but sometimes change of the point of
view can be useful...

VZ