lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Changes in error handling

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Changes in error handling
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:08:56 +0100

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:13:28 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Actually, there were replies, but sourceforge doesn't make that obvious.
GC> I think this is the one you had hoped to see:
GC>
GC>   http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=14223374
GC>
GC> wherein one of the gcc-msw maintainers addresses it as a defect and
GC> proposes two different solutions. I had suspected that this valuable
GC> idiom just wasn't supposed to work across a dll boundary, but that's
GC> not the way he sees it at all, so I'm glad I asked there.

 It's definitely a bug in either mingw or gcc (the point (1) confirms my
suspicion that the exception information is not "global enough" in this
case) but it's still great to see that mingw developers agree with this and
are going to fix it.

 Thanks for pointing me to the reply, I've indeed completely missed it.
VZ