lmi

Re: wxHtmlWindow::AcceptsFocus() [Was: [lmi] Overriding wx member functi

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: wxHtmlWindow::AcceptsFocus() [Was: [lmi] Overriding wx member functions]
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:51:53 +0000

On 2005-12-4 13:22 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:49:40 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> I agree that wx treats a wxHtmlWindow as though one could navigate
> GC> to it using the keyboard, but I don't know how one can do that.
>
>  Currently it's a bit restricted: you can only use arrows and Page Up/Down
> to scroll the window.
>
> GC> > and also to select text in the HTML window,
> GC>
> GC> How? What keystrokes would one use to do this?
>
>  Ctrl-C. But you need to select text with the mouse -- which kind of
> negates the need for giving the focus to the control from keyboard in the
> first place. There are plans to make it possible to select text using the
> standard Shift-arrows key combinations and also implement Ctrl-A for
> "select all" but this is not done yet.

Okay. Then I think it's best not to "fix" the "problem" in lmi.
I'll add a comment somewhere pointing to this message, to explain
that wxHtmlWindow keyboard support is a planned wx feature. For
now, wxHtmlWindow is used only in the skeleton branch, not in the
production branch, so no more effort than that is justified.

With such keyboard support, wxHtmlWindow might take care of this:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2005-11/msg00034.html
| GC> I think it would be best to spend our time instead on adding a
| GC> facility to copy the contents of the 'diagnostics' static-text
| GC> control.
|
| This is very useful regardless of the other considerations, of course.

with minimal effort.