lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] lmi tests under cygwin

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] lmi tests under cygwin
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:47:46 +0100

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:39:13 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Let's address only this part of your message today, because it's
GC> the worst problem. I agree that we should try to fix it at the
GC> source: if it's a linker problem, then it doesn't depend on
GC> autotools at all.

 BTW, it isn't cygwin-specific neither, the same happens under Linux.
However I think I do understand why it didn't happen with your makefiles:
you actually link in the alert.o (and the other files common to all tests)
into each test whereas I compile them once into a librrary (.a) and then
use it. So in this sense it is specific -- not to autotools but to my
Makefile. I still think the problem should be fixed though because using a
library should be better/faster than using individual object files
normally.

GC> You say wx has worked around this. I don't find the file you
GC> mention, though:
GC>
GC>   C:/wxWidgets-2.5.4/include[1]$ls **/link.h
GC>   zsh: no matches found: **/link.h
GC>
GC> Would you quote the macro in reply, please?

 The file has been added relatively recently, however I just generalized
the include/wx/html/forcelnk.h which you should have in 2.5.4 too. And the
new file is here:

http://cvs.wxwidgets.org/viewcvs.cgi/wxWidgets/include/wx/link.h?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Basically you have to put wxFORCE_LINK_THIS_MODULE(any_unique_name) in the
file you want to be included in the final executable and use
wxFORCE_LINK_MODULE() with the same "any_unique_name" in some other file
which is linked in (e.g. because it contains main()).

 Thanks,
VZ