lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] overview of C++ expression template libraries

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] overview of C++ expression template libraries
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:33:31 +0200

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:17:42 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Furthermore, we should consider what error-detection facilities each final
GC> candidate provides. Trying to add two vectors of different lengths is an
GC> error that I'd like to be detected automatically, even if only in a
GC> nondefault 'debug' mode.

 I have some doubts that many libraries do this by default but I'll check.

GC> Let me sketch out a test suite. I uploaded 'vector_test.cpp' to cvs the
GC> other day. It's just the beginning of an investigation I started years ago
GC> but never finished. I think I can adapt it to help test typical lmi
GC> operations with various techniques.

 Ok, I think it's tbe best we can do. To recapitulate, I'll then
reimplement the tests using:

1. PETE if I can make it work as easily as you say
2. uBLAS
3. boost::lambda
4. std::valarray
5. maybe something hand-coded if I can do it quickly (< day?)

I'll then show you the code and we'll also compare the performances of
different approaches. Does this sound good?

 Thanks,
VZ