lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] -g in LDFLAGS?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] -g in LDFLAGS?
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:38:58 +0200

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:58:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> C:/usr/bin[0]$/MinGW/bin/ld --version
GC> GNU ld version 2.15.91 20040904
GC> Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GC> This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
GC> the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
GC> C:/usr/bin[0]$/MinGW/bin/ld --help
GC> Usage: \MinGW\bin\ld.EXE [options] file...
GC> [...]
GC>   -g                          Ignored

 You're right, sorry for the false alert. I don't know why gdb didn't find
any symbols initially (before I added -g to LDFLAGS) but this does seem
unrelated. I thought that maybe g++ used -g somehow when used as linking
frontend but using -### disproves this. So adding -g seems to have been a
psychological effect only...

 Sorry again for confusion,
VZ