lmi

Re: [lmi] Re: redundant workarounds in 'wx_workarounds.hpp'

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Re: redundant workarounds in 'wx_workarounds.hpp'
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:37:29 +0200

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:55:44 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I think we're still using wx-2.5.4 for production. This brings up a
GC> general question: how can we enforce synchronization between lmi and
GC> wxWidgets as both evolve? Do wx apps typically test the macros
GC>   wxMAJOR_VERSION
GC>   wxMINOR_VERSION
GC>   wxRELEASE_NUMBER
GC> if they use new features that weren't originally present? Of course,
GC> where a specific facility like wxUSE_STD_STRING exists, it's better
GC> to test it than to worry about version numbers, but we probably have
GC> other things in lmi that depend on wx versioning.

 Hello,

 you're absolutely correct that testing for specific feature is always
better so if you can, you should alsways do it like this. Otherwise you
should indeed use the macros above except that instead of using them
directly it's better to use wxCHECK_VERSION() which does it for you:

        #if wxCHECK_VERSION(2,6,0)
                // code for wx 2.6.0 or later
        #else
                // wx 2.5 or earlier