liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] MacOS X doesn't work at all

From: Sebastian Vollmer
Subject: [liquidwar-user] MacOS X doesn't work at all
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:48:09 +0200

Hello out there

I worked very hard to get liquid war on MacOS X to work but I failed. First I tried to get allegro 4.0.3 to work, buts wrong, because there is no really mac os x supporting... Then I downloaded Allegro 4.1.16 the installation was easy. But after two hours of work I recognised that it did not completely replaced 4.0.3 so I did it by myself. Recompiled it and installed 4.1.16 again. But I tried to install liquid war again. So I do ./configure and make package_macosx_tgz but it failed with:
gfxmode.c: In function `try_one_mode':
gfxmode.c:169: error: `GFX_MODE_TYPE_FULLSCREEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
gfxmode.c:169: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gfxmode.c:169: error: for each function it appears in.)
gfxmode.c:171: error: `GFX_MODE_TYPE_WINDOWED' undeclared (first use in this function) So I use google but there was no result for GFX_MODE_TYPE_FULLSCREEN, so I looked into gfxmode.c but I do not really have an Idea what do. So I hope you can help me. I started to write a howto but I wasn't able to complete it, because I wasn't able to get it work by myself:
How to install Liquid War on MacOS X?

First of all the Requirements are:
-esound (available on fink)
-Developer Tools
-Allegro >=4.1.16 (http://alleg.sourceforge.net/wip.html)

First you have to install Allegro:
You have to get the UNSTABLE unix source from http://alleg.sourceforge.net/wip.html. If you tried to install the stable one, you have to completely remove it!!! Otherwise you are not able to install it. Then you have to extract it. Go to its directory in a shell and type following commands:
chmod +x fix.sh
./fix.sh macosx
make
sudo make install