Re: [Linphone-users] Testing a servers connection. (This is a dumb quest

From: Russell Treleaven
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Testing a servers connection. (This is a dumb question.)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:00:58 -0500

sipsak and sipp
wireshark is also useful

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 9:58 AM Michael Tiernan <address@hidden> wrote:
I believe that asking dumb questions can still be useful and it also allows for the occasional surprise when the answer isn't what I thought. To that end....

I am trying to use a Linphone on a "company provided" sip service. I can't get support for any "user provided client" but I /am/ allowed to try configuring it myself. I have the fundamental settings and am not meeting with lots of success.

So, the question, does anyone know of a test client (web or android) that can query a sip host and report back what settings the server seems to support?

I'm going to try packet sniffing my attempts soon to see what I find but I want to see what parameters can be nailed down easily.

Thanks for everyone's time.