Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:18:58 -0000

I'm afraid the problem is going to be more complex than the
toggle push solution would suggest. There is a lot of code around
detecting network state and managing things like keep-alive in
the app. I don't understand it very well, but it would definitely
need to be addressed.

There's also the issue with Android 8 Oreo restricting background
services even more than before.

Honestly, I don't think I really have the bandwidth to maintain a
fork long term myself. But, I would be happy to try to work on
problems like this though. I would just need some guidance to
know why some of the current design decisions were made.

Also, just to clarify, I don't mean to come across as hostile
towards the devs at all. I know they're working hard on an open
source project we all get to enjoy. :)

--
Thank you,
Dominic