[Linphone-users] Android Friend List and Presence

From: Dunkel, Christopher
Subject: [Linphone-users] Android Friend List and Presence
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:36:15 +0000

Hey guys,

I'm continuing to have some frustration with Friend Lists on Android.  I've
been reading over the
documentation<http://gnu.mirrors.pair.com/savannah/savannah/linphone/docs/liblinphone/group__buddy__list.html>
 for managing buddies and buddy lists, but there are quite a few differences.
For one, the Android code seems to have no methods to access or remove a friend
from the friend list...only to add new friends.  Also, is there any way to have
the friend list send a SUBSCRIBE message without adding a friend to the friend
list?

I'm having an issue where I need to have a LinphoneFriend that has previously
been added to the Friend List re-subscribe to presence updates, but if I add
them a second time I immediately get a notification that the user is online no
matter what their current state.  Has anyone else seen similar behavior and
found a way around it?

Does anyone have more comprehensive Android documentation?

Thanks,

Chris Dunkel
Software Engineer, GCSD
(321) 984-5660