Re: [Linphone-users] Configure linphone and siproxd

From: Alastair Johnson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Configure linphone and siproxd
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:24:39 +0100

On Wednesday 25 August 2010, wimpunk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure linphone to use siproxd but I think I'm
> missing something.  My sipprovider is on a local network so all I have
> to do is using this settings to get linphone working directly:
>
> identity = sip:address@hidden
> sip proxy = sip:address@hidden
> Register at startup and publish presence information are enabled.
>
> This works perfect.
>
> Next step is adding a sipproxy between my network and the network of
> the local sipprovider but I can't get that part working.  On linphone
> I changed the sip proxy to sip:address@hidden where sipproxy is the
> name of my sipproxy.  The most important configuration in my
> siproxd.conf is this:
>
> outbound_proxy_host = proxy.provider.com
> outbound_proxy_port = 5060
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  I've tried to understand the FAQ of
> siproxd and the manual of linphone but it looks like I'm still missing
> something.  I found some messages on this list of the maintainer of
> siproxd so maybe he can help me with the configuration.
>
> I know this is probably a siproxd question but maybe there are
> linphone users out there who had the same problem.

I think both siproxd and linphone are misconfigured.

siproxd:
outbound_proxy_host is for chaining outbound proxies, but based on your sip
identity this is not what you want to do. You are registering to
proxy.provider.com not using it as an outbound proxy, so you should comment
outbound_proxy_host and outbound_proxy_port in siproxd.conf and restart
siproxd. It doesn't need your registrar in its config file because it gets it
from the sip packets it is proxying.

linphone:
The outbound proxy is specified in the "Route (optional)" part of the config,
not by changin the identity or sip proxy. This isn't exactly obvious or well
documented.
        identity = sip:address@hidden
        sip proxy = sip:address@hidden
        route = <sip:sipproxy;lr>