Re: [Linphone-users] Re: search a debian sarge or sid packet

From: Samuel Mimram
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: search a debian sarge or sid packet
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:28:15 +0100

Hi,

Thomas Mueller wrote:
This bug was already seen, but I could never reproduce it as well as understand what was wrong in the code. To investigate further, it would require to recompile with -g (the default when you compile from original sources ) to get a more verbose backtrace.
This part of code didn't changed since 0.12.2.
You can help by reproducing the bug with a freshly compiled linphone if you wish.

I'll try if I can. Phew - I never had to do anything with the debian
build system, but it looks good now I think. The debian package was
compiled with '-g' but stripped.

Yes, this is enforced by the Debian policy.

To build a package with debug symbols untar the .orig.tar.gz, apply the diff.gz (with patch -p1), chmod +x debian/rules and:

DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nostrip" dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

in the dir with the sources. You can then install the packages with dpkg -i.

Regards,

Samuel.