[Linphone-developers] Android: remote provisioning and GCM

From: Finn Herzfeld
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Android: remote provisioning and GCM
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 13:42:50 -0700

Hi,
I've been playing with Linphone's remote provisioning stuff on and off for a while now. Specifically, trying to push all settings, including credentials, to a mobile (at this point just Android) client by having them click a link. I've got it to work sort of, but I can't figure out how to get the GCM token into the contact_uri_parameters. It appears that when creating an account manually, this value gets pulled from the existing config and set, but when provisioning this doesn't happen. Going into settings->network and toggling push notifications off then on again seems to add it to the provisioned account, but obviously I'd rather have the provisioning just magically work. Is there some magic with provisioning that I've missed to make it automatically happen? I should note that this is using my own compiled version of Linphone that has my GCM App ID in it, but other than that is unmodified. Should I try the version out of the play store?

Another issue I've been experiencing with provisioning is that a fresh install of Linphone will crash if launched for the first time by following a linphone-config:// URL. Launching Linphone, letting it get to the account adding assistant, then closing it and clicking the provisioning link seems to sort of work. It will download the provisioning and show a spinner to the user. It will successfully register with the server (per the logcat logs and the server logs), but the spinner screen will not go away. Pressing the back button causes it to go to the settings screen and say no accounts are configured. Swiping away the activity and re-launching linphone seems to work though.

I'm not sure how many of these things are bugs and how many are simply me doing something wrong, but I'd love to hear either way.

Thanks,
--
Finn Herzfeld