[Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.9.1 Linux UI hangs when dialing

From: McEnroe, Michael
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.9.1 Linux UI hangs when dialing
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 16:15:17 -0600

I've run into a strange issue where Linphone 3.9.1 hangs when dialing a number.  I cannot reproduce this in Linphone 3.8.5.

When the UI hangs, it shows that it's calling, with the timer stuck on 00:00:00.  I am able to complete the call and speak to the person on the other end.  top shows that the CPU usage for linphone is 100%.  Running Linphone in verbose mode shows a message repeating a hundreds of times a second:

linphone-warning : Bad RTCP packet, too short.

This message repeats until I kill Linphone.  Strangely, this only occurs with certain Asterisk servers.  Others can process calls without issue.

Version 1.4.29.2 had no issues.
Version 11.6-cert4 had the hanging issue.

The client is running:
CentOS 7
linphone-3.9.1
belle-sip-1.4.2