Re: [Linphone-developers] do audio and video are encrypted in ZRTP mode

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] do audio and video are encrypted in ZRTP mode ?
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 09:09:58 +0200

Am 08.09.2015 um 21:20 schrieb Johan Pascal:
> Hi,
> yes linphone support video stream encryption using ZRTP key exchange.
>
> There is no really need to announce ZRTP support in the INVITE as ZRTP
> support is basically announced by sending/waiting for ZRTP Hello packet.

Pascal is right. A proper implementation must be able to use ZRTP without
any support from SIP. The client _may_ use the ZRTP specific SIP fields to
perform some checks (see the RFC for details). If another ZRTP supporting
client _requires_ the SIP fields then this implementation is not according
to the RFC.

Werner