Re: [Linphone-developers] bzrtp support for AES with 256-bit keys

From: Johan Pascal
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bzrtp support for AES with 256-bit keys
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:15:55 +0100

Hi Ben,
and thanks for the patch.

I had a quick look at it, very nice rework on the tests cases!

Few remarks:
- I think we should stick to AES128 being the default (switch in bzrtpCrypto_getAvailableCryptoTypes). The user will set it to AES256 if needed.

- You may want to export also the algorithm defines and not only the types in bzrtp.h (commit 4) otherwise the user won't be able to safely use the get/set functions.

- We shall ensure that mandatory algorithms are always present in the context supported list, by either checking their presence in the input supportedTypes of bzrtp_setSupportedCryptoTypes and queing them at the end if they are missing or tweaking the selectCommonAlgo to add them if they are missing.(first one seems cleaner)

- Same kind of problem (which was already there before your patches) with the incoming HelloPacket parsing: we shall ensure that if the packet doesn't contain a mandatory algo, it is added at the end of the list as specified in the RFC section 5.2:
"If a mandatory algorithm is not included in the list, it
   is implicitly added to the end of the list for preference."
Which means the in function bzrtp_packetParser, all the tests on messageData->xx == 0 to set the mandatory algo shall be replaced by something checking the presence of the mandatory algo in the messageData->xx field after parsing it from the packet.

- min function seems fine to me as it is.

I'll have to rework the mediastream patch as I've done some modifications in zrtp.c, they're in branch dev_dtls for now but will be merge to master soon.

regards,

johan