Re: [Linphone-developers] [BUG] Sometimes (~30%) linphone-android starts

From: Andrey Utkin
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] [BUG] Sometimes (~30%) linphone-android starts to get video from peer after 1-2 minutes delay
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:55:45 +0200

> Backend: latest kamailio & rtpengine, config is based on
> https://github.com/caruizdiaz/kamailio-ws
>
> I use Linphone Android app from Play market, and http://tryit.jssip.net
> All calls I make are with video enabled from the very beginning.
>
> When i call from Android to Jssip, everything is fine in 100% of cases.
> When I call from JsSIP to Android, in ~30% of cases Android starts to
> show video from peer after 1-2 minutes of delay. All other media
> streams are fine. In other cases all media streams are fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Going to attach via android debug interface and try to dump debug
> messages from Linphone app. Will update this thread when I get it.

With `adb logcat` i see there's a lot of such log lines in problematic case:

W/Linphone( 3163): VP8 decoder: Drop frame because we are waiting for
reference frame

So i guess this can be fixed by setting shorter keyframe interval on
the peer side. Any more ideas? I can share the entire log.

--
Andrey Utkin