Re: [Linphone-developers] are there any updates planned for bzrtp?

From: محيي الدين
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] are there any updates planned for bzrtp?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 21:14:02 +0000

Hi Eli,

I'm also interested on how you changed the code to make it works with zrtpcpp, do you have the details to do that!

I'm interested in cryptography since high-school :)

Thank you very much :)

محيي الدين

على 04 ديس, 2014 م 07:33, كتب Eli Burke:
Peter,

Off the list, I thought I’d share some additional details with you. I've got a tweaked liblinphone that uses zrtpcpp 4.2.4 with the extra algorithms I mentioned. I’d be happy to share if you want it.

Unfortunately, Belladonne nuked their ZRTP compatibility layer, which used to live in the oRTP submodule, in favor of directly calling bzrtp functions from the mediastreamer2 submodule. So using zrtpcpp means giving up on updates to liblinphone and belle-sip (after approx January of this year).

On the “slightly good news” front, all of the necessary algorithm support for bzrtp is available in PolarSSL; it just needs to be exposed. I have some half-hearted approval from my boss to work on this if the Belladonne guys won’t. I just wish they had a better track record for accepting patches.

-Eli