[Linphone-developers] Weird keyboard behaviour on iOS8

From: Ákos Szente
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Weird keyboard behaviour on iOS8
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 00:13:26 +0200

Hey all,

I've just spent a day with no luck trying to fix a really weird keyboard bug on iOS8 with Linphone.

Whenever I use the keyboard in Linphone, it only appears in a normal portrait orientation regardless of the actual screen rotation. This results in a keyboard that's sideways in landscape mode, and an upside-down keyboard in upside-down portrait - like this: http://cl.ly/image/0Z052q1o2I2S

What's really weird is that although the keyboard's in the wrong orientation, the status bar is placed correctly. I've always thought that the keyboard and the status bar could only move together. Well, regardless of my statusBarOrientation, the keyboard doesn't move.

Also, in landscape mode, the area where the keyboard appears does not recognise any touch events even when there's no firstResponder.
I was able to reproduce the issue with the App Store version and the latest commit, on an actual iPad 4 and with the iOS Simulator.

Apple might be at fault here too because while tinkering with this problem, I was able to produce even worse alignments: http://cl.ly/image/44281z0E3M0a

Has anyone ever faced this issue?

Regards,
Akos