[Linphone-developers] Proxy settings not picked up from linphonerc_defau

From: Saumil Gandhi
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Proxy settings not picked up from linphonerc_default
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 00:48:22 +0530

Hi,

For linphone android, I have the following set in my linphonerc_default and linphonerc_factory files:

=====

[sip]

use_info=0
use_ipv6=0
keepalive_period=600
ping_with_options=1
default_proxy=0
sip_port=0
sip_tcp_port=5060
sip_tls_port=0
udp_port=0

[proxy_0]

reg_proxy=<sip:sip.mydomain.com;transport=tcp>
reg_route=<sip:sip.mydomain.com;transport=tcp>
reg_expires=600

======

Two issues:

1. This should have set my transport protocol to TCP every time I install the apk on my device. However, it does not. It usually sets it to UDP. But sometimes, randomly, it sets it to TCP

2. This should have set my outbound proxy to true each time, but this also does not happen every time. AGain, it happens only randomly, and that too when my protocol is set to TCP

3. I want my Expires to be 600, but it also does not happen every time. Again, it happens only randomly, and that too when my protocol is set to TCP.

Clearly, all three are because of the same issue - my [proxy_0] settings are not being applied every time I run my application. They are picked at seemingly random times. What could be the reason for this?

Thanks,
Saumil