[Linphone-developers] linphonerc_default and linphonerc_factory file

From: Saumil Gandhi
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphonerc_default and linphonerc_factory file
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 00:30:27 +0530

Hi,

What is the difference between linphonerc_default and linphonerc_factory? I am unable to understand how they work. For example, my stun server does not get picked up from the default file, but it works when I specify in the factory file. So I thought i'd repeat the content for both, but this also leads to some issue. e.g. specifying []video] settings in both caused the app to crash every time I hang up the call, and when I removed the duplicate settings from factory, it worked.

But then again, when I wanted to set automatically accept video calls and automatically accept initiate video calls, setting it in just the default file did not work. I duplicated it in the factory file and it then works.

Am I doing something wrong here, because this behavior does not make sense. I wasn't able to find any information on these, so would appreciate some inputs.

Thanks,
Saumil