Re: [Linphone-developers] specify pre-defined settings in Linphone Andro

From: Sylvain Berfini
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] specify pre-defined settings in Linphone Android
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:37:12 +0200

Hi Saumil,

I think the remote provisioning would be more suited to what you want than just hardcode the settings in the linphonerc (at least for some of them, like route and proxy). The remote provisioning is an xml file but using the same structure as the linphonerc, and it is downloaded at each start of linphone (or just once, your choice) to apply it's configuration.

To use the remote provisioning, add this line in the linphonerc:
[misc]
config-uri=http://[url_of_config_file]

Your provisioning file could look like this:
<config xmlns="http://www.linphone.org/xsds/lpconfig.xsd"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.linphone.org/xsds/lpconfig.xsd lpconfig.xsd">
<section name="proxy_default_values">
<entry name="reg_proxy"><sip:sip.linphone.org:5223;transport=tls></entry> <entry name="reg_route"><sip:sip.linphone.org:5223;transport=tls></entry>
<entry name="reg_identity">sip:address@hidden</entry>
<entry name="reg_expires">604800</entry>
<entry name="reg_sendregister">1</entry>
<entry name="publish">0</entry>
<entry name="dial_escape_plus">0</entry>
</section>
<section name="app">
<entry name="show_login_view" overwrite="true">1</entry>
</section>
</config>

Note the "?" and the "show_login_view" that tells the app to ask the user for login/password, but it will use the setted proxy and route.

If you want your remote provisioning to be downloaded and applied just once, add this:
<section name="misc">
<entry name="transient_provisioning">1</entry>
</section>

Regarding the settings you didn't managed to set via linphonerc, here's how to do it:
1: [video] automatically_initiate=1
2: [video] automatically_accept=1
3: [net] stun_server=[url]
4: [net] firewall_policy=3 or firewall_policy=ice (both work)
5: Add the transport in the proxy/route in the proxy config like I did in my remote provisioning 6: Outbound proxy is set when there is a route configured for the proxy config.

Cheers.

---
Sylvain Berfini
Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications