Re: [Linphone-developers] Xubuntu 14.04 - Linphone 3.6.1 crash using H26

From: Ilya Melnikov
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Xubuntu 14.04 - Linphone 3.6.1 crash using H263 and/or H263-1998 codecs
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 20:26:35 +0600

Hello, Cédric.

On Thursday 22 May 2014 18:45:13 Cédric Goby wrote:
> Here is the informations I could gather
>
> ulimit -c unlimited

When getting gdb backtrace it is recommended to install debug symbols.
In Trusty you can install it via command:
sudo apt-get install linphone-dbg

> I'm testing Linphone 3.6.1
>
> As I try to join a meeting using  H263 and/or H263-1998 codecs Linphone
> crash (the application close). There is no crash if I use other codecs.
>
> My OS is Xubuntu 14.04 LTS and Linphone 3.6.1 has been installed from
> repository via synaptic.

Even if your problem will be found and fixed - it will not be fixed in the
official Ubuntu repository. Updated binary Linphone packages can be obtained
only from PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~linphone/+archive/release

And currently this PPA contains updated version 3.7.0.
Can you check this version? May be this version already fixes your problem.
If not - please get backtrace with debug symbols.

--
Ilya Melnikov