[Linphone-developers] How to make ToS to work for Linphone Windows

From: fess
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to make ToS to work for Linphone Windows
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:14:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have linphone 3.5.99.0  for Windows.

I try to set Tos for audio/video but each time get 0 in sniffer.

I configired also linphonerc like:

video_dscp=34
audio_dscp=46

and from logs I see:

[message] Setting DSCP to 34 for video stream.

from code linphone/oRTP/src/rtpsession|_inet.c we get:

        tos = (session->dscp << 2) & 0xFC;
        retval = setsockopt(session->rtp.socket, proto, value_type,
(SOCKET_OPTION_VALUE)&tos, sizeof(tos));
                if (retval==-1)
                        ortp_error("Fail to set DSCP value on rtp socket:
%s",getSocketError());
                if (session->rtcp.socket != (ortp_socket_t)-1){
                        if (setsockopt(session->rtcp.socket, proto, value_type,
(SOCKET_OPTION_VALUE)&tos, sizeof(tos))==-1){
                                ortp_error("Fail to set DSCP value on rtcp
socket:
%s",getSocketError());
                        }
                }

However I still getToS 0 (zero).

The 'retval' I get 0 (aka success), I also configured registry according to
this post,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248611
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248611>

nothing happens,

Did I miss something?

Maybe I need tot activate some flag during compilation?

Thank you,