[Linphone-developers] SRV records support and Linphone

From: Tarasov Alexander
Subject: [Linphone-developers] SRV records support and Linphone
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:04:28 +0300

Hello.

I tried to research whether Linphone is able to interpret SRV round-robin
records correctly, and it seems that for Windows versions it is not.
Although, I managed to compile libeXosip2-4.0.0 along with small testing
program 'sip_reg', and it seems to work, because I saw in logs:

| INFO1 | 11564 <eXtl_udp.c: 706> Doing failover:
pbxA.domain.com:5060->pbxB.domain.com:5060
Also correct SIP registration message appears on my Asterisk PBX.

Looking into source code, I found that "failover" code is located between
"#ifndef MINISIZE" directives.
I suppose that Linphone for Windows is compiled with -DMINISIZE. Of course, I
can try to compile Windows version without --enable-minisize

But for what purpose MINISIZE was put in main branch? It would be great feature
to support failover for SIP servers.

Thanks beforehand!