Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone SDK build failed.

From: Eli Burke
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone SDK build failed.
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:40:15 -0500

Arek,

I've been struggling with this for days. It's mystifying to me that it was so
hard to get working. I'm using Mountain Lion, Xcode 4.5, and iOS 6. I wonder if
perhaps MacPorts is now installing newer versions of the tools required by the
install guide.

At any rate, I just got Linphone fully built earlier today. To fix your
'install-sh' problem, you just need to create an empty file that is required by
newer versions of autoconf:
> 'touch submodules/linphone/install-sh

At this point, I was stumped for a very long time by another error:
> ./configure: line 4543: syntax error near unexpected token `HAVE_MD5SUM,test'
> ./configure: line 4543: `AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_MD5SUM,test -n $MD5SUM)'
As it turned out, the problem was again triggered by a line in configure.ac:
> configure.ac:42: error: 'AM_PROG_CC_STDC': this macro is obsolete.

The solution was to edit submodules/linphone/configure.ac and delete the line
that says:
AM_PROG_CC_STDC
You will need to 'make veryclean' or run 'cd build/linphone; ./autogen.sh'

Incidentally, while working through this I also figured out the necessary steps
to replace MacPorts with brew which has the advantage of being more
self-contained and easily reversible than MacPorts.
1) Install brew: (instructions at http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/)
2) Install dependencies:
brew install coreutils automake autoconf libtool intltool
brew install wget pkgconfig cmake gmake yasm doxygen ImageMagick optipng
brew tap homebrew/dupes
brew install xz homebrew/dupes/grep

Linphone is hardcoded to look for a lot of tools in MacPorts-specific
locations, (e.g. /opt/local/bin) so I also had to create a link from there to
brew's standard install location: 'ln -s /usr/local /opt/local'

Good luck!
Eli