Re: [Linphone-developers] Incoming video garbled (H264, MP4V-ES), no vid

From: Nathan Stratton
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Incoming video garbled (H264, MP4V-ES), no video with VP8
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:13:19 -0600

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Jeremy Jongepier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Nathan,

webrtc2sip works fine, it is just that VP8 and H264 videostreams coming from webrtc2sip are either formatted incorrectly or Linphone has a problem with these videostreams. With Ekiga for instance I can make videocalls using VP8 or H264 to sipml5 through webrtc2sip without a problem. Also if I use H263 calls from Linphone to sipml5 work perfectly, but then the Linphone mobile clients do not have H263 support enabled. For the project I'm working on I need a working mobile client that can make videocalls to sipml5, IMSDroid works well but I prefer using Linphone.

Did you read the first part of my message? I said I feel your pain because I also ran into the same issue. Yes, I agree, Linphone is broken with VP8, it is also broken with Bria and many other clients. Frankly the reason it works with sipml5 has NOTHIG to do with sipml5 and everything to do with Google.

--
><>
Nathan Stratton
nathan at robotics.net