[Linphone-developers] Compiling linphone and bcg729 plugin from source (

From: IVAN FERNANDEZ
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Compiling linphone and bcg729 plugin from source (MAC OS)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:00:32 +0200

Hi,

I´m trying to complete the linphone compilation on a MAC in order to use the linphonec functionalities, but I haven't clear how to add the g729 support from bcg729 plugin.

These are the steps that I've followed:

- download linphone-3.5.2 tarball with source code

- follow the installation instructions included in README.macos inside the package (jumping over the srtp, zrtpcpp and tunnel installation)

- configure and compile linphone WITHOUT install (I'd prefer not to install it in the system for the moment)

- compilation works fine and I can launch linphonec without problems

- now, I downloaded tarball with bcg729 plugin sources (1.0.0)

- follow the installation instructions included in README inside the package

- configure and compile bcg729 WITHOUT install (I'd prefer not to install it in the system for the moment) pointing to the compiled sources of mediastreamer and oRTP. In the configuration log I can see:

checking for ORTP... yes

checking for MEDIASTREAMER... yes

- compilation works fine too

Now… how can I do to integrate the compiled bcg729 into compiled linphone? I've seen that this integration can be done moving libmsbcg729.so and libbcg729.0.dylib  into  Linphone.app/Contents/Resources/lib/ dir but:

1. I don't find this files in the compiled bcg729

2. I have compiled linphone, not Linphone.app distribution

Can this integration be done in order to see in linphonec -> codec list -> g279 available?

Thanks in advanced,

IvánF