[Linphone-developers] h.264 and iPhone

From: Andrew Diamond
Subject: [Linphone-developers] h.264 and iPhone
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Have both Android and iphone versions compiling.  The Android is sending h264 video fine. The iphone is not sending h264, yet the binary copy on the App store is....  I know that the h264 is proprietary, but the compiling instruction state how to compile with h264. The make file warns at the end that h264 has been compiled.   I double checked and the macro HAVE_X264 already invoked. ( I put it in my .pch file and got a warning that it was already defined. ) Also, when I run the code in the debugger I can see the 264 initialization code is being called.  Yet, when I make a video call (with the Settings all set to ON) my asterisk terminal says the iphone version wants 263p while the Android can handle 264.   Thus there is some difference in the App Store version and the open source version it seems.   What am I missing?

Andrew Diamond, MD
DiamondPhone