[Linphone-developers] STUN option

From: Ying Xuan
Subject: [Linphone-developers] STUN option
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:01:38 -0500

Dear all,

I am a newbie to linphone.

Is the current version supporting STUN? If I have two desktops behind
different NATs, and want to them to talk to each other by linphone.
Can I just find a STUN server and put it in the STUN option? Should I
somewhere input the STUN 3478? Should I also add the sip.linphone.org
as a proxy?

I just simply put in a STUN server name, but it didn`t work.. After I
added the proxy it worked. But does that mean, the STUN option is
useless?

Any comment is welcome.

Many Thanks,

Gavin