Re: [Linphone-developers] warning: Not enough ref samples, using zeroes

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] warning: Not enough ref samples, using zeroes
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:09:13 +0200

Hi George,

This warning produces when packet of the incoming stream have been lost,
which results in discontinous streams. The echo canceller who has to
perform synchronously on incoming and outgoing stream replaces the
missing packets by silence (zeroes) to continue its processing.
Note that this should not happen with speex where packet loss
concealment is available.

Simon