Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone.org SIP service - technical details

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone.org SIP service - technical details
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:18:43 +0100

Hi Kristian,

I agree with your analysis of the current open source proxies state of
art.
Indeed my feeling is that ser clones require a quite deep understanding
of SIP that plenty of people don't have: they just want to deploy an
"internet telephony service", or just want two SIP capable devices to
communicate. This is one challenge of flexisip to bring the simplicity.
The other challenge is to bring media features using our currently
existing mediastreamer2 engine: the transcoder is the first step in this
direction.

Simon