Re: Re : [Linphone-developers] The possibility of expanding the program.

From: Ogogon !!!
Subject: Re: Re : [Linphone-developers] The possibility of expanding the program.
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:59:13 +0400

 14.10.10 14:24, Aurelien Bouin wrote:
Hi,
Good afternoon, Aurelien!

It is a very very interesting feature
I hope that is not irony. (I, unfortunately, not very well feel the nuances of the English language.)

  but you are talking about sending or receiving the sound(oRTP) considering
SIP signalization(which one ? SIP MESSAGE ?)
I believe that the half-duplex control channel must be carried out not by means of RTP, but the means of SIP. First, the SIP has mechanisms for receiving information about the connection when it was set, and RTP, as I recall, no. And in any case, when connecting to the peer, we need to know it is a duplex or half duplex. Depends on it, how we communicate with him. Secondly, SIP, by definition, an extensible protocol connectivity and make it add a conceptually more correct and technically simpler. Third, if the extension of SIP commands could not be avoided, it is hardly worth upgrading yet, and RTP. In addition, by means of SIP, we can fully realize all the required functionality to us.

I don't think that you can do that with a plugin ... or you will have to
develop your own audio codec that could handle message + audio payload that
come from oRTP...
Here is another argument in favor of the control half-duplex channel need to be implemented by means of SIP instead of RTP.

Now, several American companies produce equipment for the control half-duplex radios via VoIP, but control signals to pass through it retouched RTP, but in my opinion, it is fundamentally wrong. These manufacturers have started to adapt to specific needs of the most similar existing developments, in failing to follow existing standards.

I and a group of colleagues to create a solution for amateur radio.
We believe the correct observance of standards and an architectural logic.
Such a decision requires client software, and it should work as a full-duplex, as well as for half-duplex connections.

What do you think simon ?
Excuse me, but what is simon? (Unfortunately, my English is far from perfect.)

Aurelien
Ogogon.