Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2

From: kl
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 17:53:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 8/2/10, Mike Frysinger <address@hidden> wrote:

> the problem is with patents.  G729 has patents and
> anyone wishing to
> deploy with it need to pay licensing fees.  this
> violates the GPL
> redistribution aspects.

OK that's an issue but it's a separate issue, which there is nothing much to
discuss, and it is already well understood. It is clearly a violation patent
and someone need to pay licensing fees in order not to violate that.

But what my focus now is more on the GPL side, whether such combination will
violate GPL or not.