Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 20:07:05 -0400

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 03:15, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> So, the "License: nonfree and unredistributable" note is absolutely correct,
> and I am _not_ distributing built by myself 'ffmpeg'.

and which is completely irrelevant to this discussion.  customers will
not accept a source tree and told "you need to compile this yourself"
just to avoid GPL issues.  and giving them binaries isnt possible
because it would violate the GPL.  which is why it'd really only
"work" with large (like Tier 1) customers would dont care about the
GPL and would simply ignore the violations.
-mike