RE: [Linphone-developers] problems in streaming on WAN for linphone port

From: Sven Westergren
Subject: RE: [Linphone-developers] problems in streaming on WAN for linphone ported on TI DM365
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:21:22 +0200

Hi,

We have had similar experiences when using mediastreamer2 to call Tandberg phones using H264

The Tandberg phones send SPS/PPS frames very infrequently (something like every 5th minute) and since we miss some RTP packets in the beginning of the stream the video cannot be decoded. We solved this by requesting a full picture update, using RFC5168 (XML Schema for Media Control); it is a quite simple XML message conveyed through the SIP INFO method.

Best regards

Sven Westergren

nWise AB