Re: [Linphone-developers] H264 Support

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] H264 Support
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:09:15 +0200

Hi,

You should implement a mediastreamer2 plugin to bring the hardware
encoder/decoder within mediastreamer2.
See for example the msx264 plugin (linphone/mediastreamer2/plugins/msx264 in
svn). This is a software plugin that uses software (x264 and ffmpeg). You
should build something similar that would use your hardware instead of x264
and ffmpeg.

Simon