Re: [Linphone-developers] linphone-3.1.0: ortp-error-*** alsa_can_read

From: Harishkumar V
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] linphone-3.1.0: ortp-error-*** alsa_can_read fixup, trying to recover
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 13:01:07 +0530

Simon,

what it takes speex to run on ARM.

Thanks and Regards,
HarishKumar.V

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Harishkumar V <address@hidden> wrote:
Simon,

Using PCMU, PCMA and ILBC, it works, with the original code, no changes in alsa period and alsa period size.

when i am using speex, it fails with the following message,

ortp-error-snd_pcm_avail_update: Broken pipe
ortp-error-*** alsa_can_read fixup, trying to recover
ALSA lib pcm.c:7232:(snd_pcm_recover) overrun occured
ortp-error-snd_pcm_avail_update: Broken pipe
ortp-error-*** alsa_can_read fixup, trying to recover
ALSA lib pcm.c:7232:(snd_pcm_recover) overrun occured

whats the difference between speex and other 3 codecs. In lan, the quality is good.
How the quality will be over the internet when using above 3 codecs.

Is it makes any difference using the above 3 codecs without speex.

Thanks and Regards,
HarishKumar.V