[Linphone-developers] speex status for linphone and mediastreamer

From: Mounir Lamouri
Subject: [Linphone-developers] speex status for linphone and mediastreamer
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:27:25 -0400

Hi,

According to mediastreamer page, the library doesn't need speex but
having speex not installed raise an error and I realized it was because
DISABLE_SPEEX was not defined and actually was only when using WinCE.
It's very easy to define this flag when speex is not installed (or
disabled with my previous patch) but I don't know if mediastreamer will
like it.

In addition, I realized there is a quite similar behavior with speex and
linphone. According to linphone configure.in comments, speex is not
needed but checked to fix an arm cross-compilation issue. However, not
having speex installed raise an error.

So, what is the official status of speex for mediastreamer and linphone
? Is it a requirement ? is it just recommended (it will work without but
probably not as expected) ? or is it just a basic option ?

Thanks,
Mounir