Re: [Linphone-developers] Best interoperability Linphone + Zphone

From: Nathan Stratton
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Best interoperability Linphone + Zphone
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:12:19 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, Earl wrote:

I am thinking about open-source standards, which Zphone is ( IETF ).
It is the only protocol that I know of that can resist man-in-the-middle attacks.

Hmm, please post a link for the ZRTP RFC, I can't find it...

I believe the SRTP standard says very clearly in it that SRTP offers zero security.

What are you talking about??? SRTP does not get into key exchange, that is for other protocols to deal with. Even draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-12 runs over SRTP!!!

<>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com