[Linphone-developers] Speex 1.2beta3 - diversion in libspeex and libspee

From: Andreas Pretzsch
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Speex 1.2beta3 - diversion in libspeex and libspeexdsp
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:30:14 +0100

From 1.2beta2 to 1.2beta3 the speex library is diverted in two discrete
libs. Quoting http://www.speex.org/news/:
 > Speex 1.2beta3 is out
 > December 11, 2007
 > The most obvious change in this release is that all the non-codec
 > components (preprocessor, echo cancellation, jitter buffer) have been
 > moved to a new libspeexdsp library. Other changes include a new
 > jitter buffer algorithm and resampler improvements/fixes. This is
 > also the first release where libspeex can be built without any
 > floating point support. To do this, the float compatibility API must
 > be disabled (--disable-float-api or DISABLE_FLOAT_API) and the VBR
 > feature must be disabled (--disable-vbr or DISABLE_VBR).
The resulting pkgconfigs are also diverted.

As linphone 2.0.1 needs both libs, there is some configure modification
necessary, either via manually setting SPEEX_LIBS or adding a version
check in the master config linking both.

Not being an autoconf wizard (and lacking time), I just used the former
way. Just wanted to inform Mr. Morlat (and maybe others) there is some
trouble ahead.

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch