Re: [Linphone-developers] struct timespec is where?

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] struct timespec is where?
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:53:39 +0200

Hi,

> I was wondering two things; is it possible to just compile it as and just
> use a static library? if so are there any files i need to take out to do
> so?
Yes, though your program needs to be GPL if you link against oRTP statically,
while it can be whatever if you link dynamically with oRTP as a dll (see the
LGPL license).

> if it was built to be calling the functions from the dll. should the .dll
> be in any specific folders such as dec-cpp\bin or windows\system32 and do i
> need to call any extern functions to link with the dll.
I think on windows windows\system32 is a standart path for dlls, however I
found that if the dll is in the same directory of the program, it works.

> The reason is i am attempting to compile rtpsend.c and i keep getting the
> following compiler errors:
>
> ../ortp-0.13.1/src/tests/rtpsend.c:112: error: storage size of 'pausetime'
> isn't known ../ortp-0.13.1/src/tests/rtpsend.c:112: error: storage size of
> 'remtime' isn't known ../ortp-0.13.1/src/tests/rtpsend.c:116: error:
> `EINTR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> ../ortp-0.13.1/src/tests/rtpsend.c:116: error: (Each undeclared identifier
> is reported only once ../ortp-0.13.1/src/tests/rtpsend.c:116: error: for
> each function it appears in.)

struct timespec is a libc structure, normally declared in <time.h> .
Not sure it exists on windows...
Actually I never tried compiling those tests programs under windows, just the
library.
You can modify rtpsend.c to comment out those timespec related lines, they are
actually not very useful.

SImon