Re: [Linphone-developers] Patches for oRTP 0.12.0

From: Vadim Lebedev
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Patches for oRTP 0.12.0
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:48:51 +0100

Simon Morlat wrote:

Hello Vadim,

Thanks, I've started to review them: huge work !

I 'm not convinced with the first one (split-profiles).
I think it does not make sense since SDP offer/answer model states that the answer SHOULD use the same payload numbering as in the offer. In the case it is not respected you can still use the numbering of the answer, which makes your phone compatible with the remote one.
Can you elaborate on this ?

I was obliged to use this approach in conferencing situation where i had several recalcitrant remote participants with incompatible setups , so i could not adopt the the numbering scheme from
the answer.

Thanks
Vadim

Simon